Criterion is a medical equipment planning consultancy supporting prominent healthcare owners and architects in California. Our team members benefit from flexible work environments, competitive salaries, premium healthcare benefits and multiple opportunities for personal development. We are seeking a Finance Manager to join our Orange County, California office. If you are looking to be part of a collaborative working environment where you’ll be surrounded by motivating and inspiring professionals, we’d love to hear from you!
Reports To: Director of Business Operations
Salary Range: $75,000 – $90,000
How to Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Finance Manager role has been created in response to growth and demand for Criterion’s services in recent years. The primary role of this position will be to ensure successful growth by establishing and maintaining strategic and structured short- and long-term financial plans. This candidate will play a key role in the company’s financial direction and will work closely with other members of the operations team to ensure stability and continuity of finance and operations. Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide oversight of the company’s finances to ensure company goals and objectives are being met
- Provide guidance and recommendations on long-term financial strategies, detailed financial reporting to leadership team, workload forecasting and resource allocation in response to company growth
- Prepare company budget and report to management on variances from the established budget
- Oversee all accounting and operations functions including monthly invoicing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, contract review, certificates of insurance, banking and payroll
- Investigate ways to improve profitability and analyze market for business-building opportunities, such as expansion or strategic partnerships
- Attend industry events, such as conferences, seminars and trade shows, to network and stay informed on current and future products and technology
Key Position Components:
There will be four key areas of focus for this position, including leadership, financial management, internal operations and relationship management.
- Leadership: The Finance Manager shall provide strategic insight and recommendations for the benefit of the business to the Leadership Team. The Leadership Team is responsible for developing, communicating and supporting the overall vision, strategic plan and direction of our consulting organization. Additionally, the successful candidate will be expected to provide leadership relative to problem solving for both client-related and internal matters.
- Internal Operations: This position shall be responsible for assuring that the company finances and internal operations run smoothly across all branches. This may include a wide variety of tasks including office supply management, coordination with other offices for any matters requiring routine or special attention, new hire processing, termination processing, assistance with benefits administration, insurance administration, business certifications, renewals, equipment acquisition, document management and overall office organization.
- Financial Management: This position will be responsible for every aspect of the firm’s financial health including, but not limited to, all QuickBooks entries and reconciliations, daily cash and credit updates, deposits, payments, payables and receivables, reporting, research, billing, expense reporting, financial reporting, tax returns, payroll, contract administration and all required filings. In addition, they shall perform extensive research and analysis to increase efficiency and cost savings.
- Relationship Management: Relationship management with our professional partners will be a critical component of this position. These partners include, but are not limited to, legal counsel, financial counsel, benefit providers, payroll providers, CPA, building representatives in all locations, security, banking, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred)
- Minimum of ten years’ experience working for a $10M+ consultancy with primary responsibilities in financial leadership
- Acute knowledge of government, state and local laws relative to financial management (human resource knowledge is preferred but not required)
- Proven experience with complex invoicing for both fixed fee and T&M projects
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and/or equivalent financial software/ERP, Smartsheet or equivalent and Microsoft Office Suite (expertise in Excel is a must)
- Exceptional emotional intelligence and communications skills (candidate must be able to interface with executive-level clients, peers and all team members)
- Ability to multi-task, adapt and prioritize as needed to meet critical deadlines
- The ability and willingness to travel anywhere within in the United States by car and/or airplane on an occasional basis (most travel is within the State of California)